Tuesday 14 September 2010

Does She?

Does She?

Does she love me?
I do not know...can we ever know?
does she care when this belly aches?
when this snake coils around,
all those mistakes!
when i wake with a start,
and that golden dream departs.
does she feel it too?
when my gold turns to blue.
when i lie awake,
my head spilling over some great waterfall,
does she stall?
thinking of me but for a moment,
before flitting ceaselessly onward.
Does she feel this too,
at a distance,
does it break through?
like some spiritual amputee,
as the chainsaw cuts into the tree.
does she understand?
this pebbled shore im left on,
is not my land.
as she waved into the sky,
smiling as she said goodbye.
taking bits of me on high...
leaving me in pieces down below,
my heart and mind tossing too and fro.
Does she Know?
a shipwreck every morning i awake,
no solace in this anguish,
a doubt i cannot banish,
and still, no sign from yonder shore.
does she love me?...Does she know the score?
Does she...?

© Richard Michael Parker 2009

No comments: