Saturday 14 December 2013

A Quiet River
















-A Quiet River-

Could it be any deeper.
This slow eminence of my heart,
weaving between the fractured scars,
a soulful melody that rings the chiming bell,
the shadows released;
Your soft skin gently lain upon my breast,
a heartbeat easing within.
I felt the sinking feeling again,
crossed swords aching in a memory,
and still your skin above me.
The cooing dove that beckons,
'come out of your cave',
'come out into the sun my heart'.
Struck by the moon, a dampened space,
where only heartache has left it's fingerprints.
Learning to trust again can be the hardest lesson of all.
And still your softness surrounds me,
and I feel the flood of this slow love,
a quiet river, sipping at the banks of my heart.

© Richard Michael Parker 2013



No comments: