Monday, 12 July 2010

Deep Waters



Deep Waters

I was Dreaming again last night,
how I might make the folly of my youth somehow right;
emotive tension found release in each heated exchange,
then I awoke, and found that my world had not changed;
I sought to quell that raging sea,
to struggle from haunting binds ensnaring me;
so I stared at the wall for a while, then closed my eyes from the light,
forgetting for a moment that the dye was cast in that second sight:

I drifted off again, this time to find myself laughing, or so it seemed,
like some honeyed stream carrying me away from that darkened dream;
awakening I was mellowed, but those doubts remain,
my circumstance is different, but the histories the same;
the context of our souls, float in a timeless sea,
each thought connected, transcendent, pitching endlessly;
future hopes measured like drops into that ocean,
swimming with the pasts half remembered deep emotion:

Thoughts billowing around the sails in my mind,
oh, to catch but a breeze, some fresh gust I seek to find;
whilst the feelings below, flow like eddy's past my rudder,
drift in timeless tides, swirling whorls that make this vessel shudder;
and yet that laughters promise heralds a new day broken,
one which turns the tide to shores not yet spoken;
a placid sea with gentle zephyr easing me along,
some fine horizon found beyond, above, some gentle song:

Can it be that darkened thoughts turn one into another,
slip by these causal rifts, and form afar off sounding lover;
I turned around, and looked again at my door,
closed for now, like some restive pebbled shore;
knowing I could not stay inside that harbour gate,
only God, and searing sight, might know my fearful fate;
and so I climbed upon my craft and pushed off forlorn ken,
in search of futures distant hope, deep waters once again.

© Richard Michael Parker 2007

No comments: