Wednesday 28 July 2010

The Well

The Well

Stripped down
laying bare these artifices
a watershed of remnants
reminiscences
...float bye...
waves of grief
flooding me from within
awash inside this inner tide
the swell...
deep in the well.
A chasm that aches
a heart that never breaks
all defences washed away
every egoistic mask
bare before this task
my inner washing hung,
dripping wet,
wrung, out on the line
like a tolling bell
and still i cannot let you go...
Your hand in mine
slipping away
torn within the rip
this bond of love
inseparable
Sea's that wash through me
issue in drops
never will you leave this heart.
In time i will draw your waters
into my mind
from the well you left behind
A well of contentment
of Love and surety
as the world changes
around and about
there will be no doubt
for the waters i draw
that quench this thirst
were shown to me by you.
You, who taught me how to dip,
to sip, from that spring,
that endless living love
safe from parched wandering.
Hand over hand
drawn ever upward
you are my well
and from your waters
i shall forever drink
and in my heart
and where i think
you shall forever dwell...
i have loved you always
and in all ways
i shall love you.

© Richard Michael Parker 2009

No comments: